The town of Marbleton, incorporated in 1914, was founded by Charles P. Budd, the eldest son of Dan Budd who founded Big Piney. Located only a mile from Big Piney, They have separate town governments. In the early days, there was a lot of drainage problems where Big Piney was built. So Charles Budd had hoped to build the town up on the bench to alleviate this problem. Charles did establish Marbleton on the bench, in late 1913, but it never replaced Big Piney. Both towns cooperate with each other, they also have a common school. Marbleton has thrived in the last several decades because of the oil and gas industry.